A WORD TO READERS:

This Blog is intended to educate as many as possible. Our story is unique as is each story of a special needs child.

Thank you!











Lisa












Tuesday, September 21, 2010

This little piggy went to market...

On Saturday, Ethan pulled a new trick out of his hat...while getting his pjs on, I happened to grab his foot and thought I saw movement of his toes...of course I told him..."do that again.."...."and again" ..."and again"... then I grabbed his other foot..."Do it Ethan!".. "AGAIN!"..."AGAIN!!!". To my delight Ethan was wiggling his toes...and just his toes, not his foot! Granted they were baby movements but yet isolated movements of his little piggies! Of course, he knew something was going on as Mom was bawling like a baby and acting a little crazy...so now, he asks..."Can we wiggle my toes tonight mom?...and you need to cry too!"...

Ahhh...the simple joys of witnessing something for the 1st time in life. It's a precious gift.

I have to be honest with you though...I'm scared about the surgery. Ethan doesn't really know all that is involved with what's about to happen in a few short days and my stomach churns to think we're taking away all this new found freedom. Granted it will only be for a few weeks, but the thought of putting my little boy through more pain and hardship honestly is starting to churn at my stomach. Obviously we know its for the best but part of the mother in me says "chicken out and cancel"; despite the futuristic possibilities.

Thankfully I have a wise and strong husband who won't allow my feelings to get in the way. James is also taking Ethan in for surgery to ensure I don't just pass through Sioux Falls and instead opt to visit Omaha or Kansas City. :-) I'll follow later on Friday with Ashlee and Connor so that I can bypass the screams of terror as they get Ethan ready for surgery.

Anyhow...we will update folks as we are in Sioux Falls beginning this Friday. Thoughts and prayers are much welcomed...not only for Ethan but for our entire family.

Sickness this week has also been evident (mommy has upper resp. infection)...so we really need some renewed strength to get us through these next few days.


Until later...God Bless.

Lisa

1 comment:

  1. So nice to talk to you tonight Lisa! We will be thinking of all of you & our prayers will be with you! What a sweetheart Ethan is! Give him an extra hug! Soon he'll be walking! Give it your best Tiger! (((HUGS))) John & Sue

    ReplyDelete