A WORD TO READERS:

This Blog is intended to educate as many as possible. Our story is unique as is each story of a special needs child.

Thank you!











Lisa












Wednesday, July 7, 2010

1 day and counting

Well, tomorrow is our last full day here in North Dakota for a few days. I can't believe it! :-) Next Thrs will be our "miracle day" as we're calling it and we're trusting and believing for one.

Ironically enough a thought finally struck me today. People are truly unaware & oblivious to the topic of stem cells and their use. With all of the hub-bub on the news it really surprises me at how many people ask me "Why don't we do stem cell treatments here?" I happily explain but the confusion remains especially when I tell them where the cells come from.

In all of this, whether the outcome, in our case, is successful or otherwise, I hope we can bring awareness to the US public, light some fires and get some funding and movement on this treatment. Our great country needs to wake up and instead of "banning" the treatment because of political and other reasons, we need to start looking at opportunities to help people who are in need, children and adults alike. I keep asking myself, how many people with Autism, Cerebral Palsy, MS, ADHD could this treatment help? The answer back is unknown but unless we TRY, we'll never know.

So...for now, its off to Germany to find the answer and help the one we love.

1 comment:

  1. These have been my words many, many times. I'm right there with you with shedding some light on this treatment. US citizens need to be aware of what this treatment really is. There are so many children, just like ours, who should be given a chance at a better life too.

    Our prayers are with you. Please keep us informed with what happens. We are closely following your journey as we wait to begin our own very soon.
    Noelle Walker

    ReplyDelete