A WORD TO READERS:

This Blog is intended to educate as many as possible. Our story is unique as is each story of a special needs child.

Thank you!











Lisa












Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Day 13...and progress continues

Well, its been almost 2 weeks since the treatment and we continue to see very small strides in improvement. Last night I sat Ethan on the counter as he was to heavy to hold and talk to...I immediately noticed a change as he was keeping his legs separated on his own!!! Some might say "so????"...before when I would sit him on the countertop his legs would be stuck together with no separation...a true difference to us. Tonight i layed him down to change him and was able to work his legs like never before...It just makes me giddy with delight to recall and instantly slaps a smile on my face.
Moving foward, once we get the tone under control (which we're well on our way with) we get to tackle the short muscles and the task of stretching them out as while the bones have grown, the muscles haven't stretched. We are excited to see what will happen with PT & OT.

That's about all I have tonight to share; our little miracle boy is moving along and remaining the brave little champ that he has proven to be.
To close, Ethan smiled at me the other day and said "Mom...can I get a bike yet? My Legs are better!" Ahhh...The faith of a child is a miracle all by itself.

1 comment:

  1. Been wondering! Glad to hear there's improvement! We haven't heard back from
    Doug yet. It was 2 weeks last Friday. Will email him tonight. So happy for
    Ethan!
    John & Susan

    ReplyDelete